ROSE online is going Free to Play!
Rose Online, the MMORPG run by Gravity Interactive for several years is switching its subscription model to
Free to play on July 29.
Secret Maryo Chronicles 1.5 released
The great open source platform game Secret Maryo Chronicles has been updated to version 1.5. The update offers a new world, new levels in World 2 and a lot of eye-candy.
Posted on 05/25/2008 at 11:08 AM | Permalink
Tags: jump & run
Dogs of the Seas V3 is Online
A new version of the unique browser-based pirate MMOG has been released and the servers are back online, waiting for players to rule the carribiean seas.
Take a look at the Changelog for a list of new and improved features.
New version of Frets-on-fire
A new release of the Guitar Hero Clone Frets on Fire has been released.
From the changelog:
- add custom fretboard and background support
- abstract pygame mixer behind the Audio class
- song folder support
- fixed screw-up volume
- align notes to beat lines again
- fixed missing encoding error on linux
- dual core performance improvements
- fixed crash with strangely named joysticks
- fixed backspace etc. on mac
- delete rhythm file after importing each song
- improved importer encoding quality
- made notes disappear when they are hit
- fixed volume saturation issue with GH2 tracks
- fixed performance issue with note effect
- move the multiplier text upwards
- pause the song while the menu is shown
- implement playing multiple streaming OGG files simultaneously
- fix the timer skew and add a high priority mode
- fix the priority of the loading screens to improve loading time
- make the fret color configurable with the theme
- hit counter
- type-ahead find for song chooser
- fix Numeric memory leak
- fix importing two missing songs on GH1 and GH2 disks
- tapping support, aka hammer-ons and pull-ofs
- ppc mac fixes
A complete description of the new features can be found in the Frets on Fire Blog.
Posted on 04/03/2007 at 03:37 PM | Permalink
Tales of Pirates will remain free to play
IGG announced today that their new MMOG Tales of Pirates will remain free to play after Beta.
Ten days ago IGG - who run Myth War Online and Voyage Century announced that they are going to launch TOP in North America. Closed Beta (actually anyone can still join) started on March 15th.
TOP is an anime style MMOG that has been successfully run in Asia for about three years now. It’s comical in nature and has humorous looking characters and creatures. The game is painted in bright and beautiful colors. It is supposed to be interesting and fresh for new and old players alike. It is a fully 3D designed multiplayer online game in which there are different styles, themes and architecture for the different towns, islands and dungeons.
Posted on 03/20/2007 at 04:07 PM | Permalink
Page 1 of 2 pages 1 2 >